Hello lovely ones and happy Monday!
Hope the New Moon treated you all well and you will use this next lunar cycle to bring successes your way :)
Onwards to today which sees Venus, planet of love, abundance, harmony, creativity, socializing and peace move out of Libra and into Scorpio.
Venus in Scorpio is an extremely different energy to Venus in Libra and understandably so as Scorpio is a much more intense sign than loveable Libra.
For the general Soulstrology do's and don'ts for this Venus in Scorpio transit please see the bottom of this blog.
But onwards to the title of this post and what the next few weeks of Venus in Scorpio heralds for each of us.
Venus officially turns retrograde on October 5th at 10 degrees of Scorpio.
During her backwards dance she will make her way back into Libra.
Her retrograde will officially end on November 16th at 25 degrees of Libra.
But there is her shadow.
Oh yes, her slippery shadow.
The pre retrograde shadow started just a few days ago on September 2nd at 25 degrees of Libra.
So we are truly in the shadow right now.
The pre-retrograde shadow is when things may pop up which need to be dealt with properly during the retrograde.
The retrograde can find us in the thick of dealing with the issues which we need to do all things RE with.
And then the post retrograde shadow is when things sort themselves out, settle and we get clarity and closure.
I think you all now by now the life areas ruled by Venus but you also need to look at the life areas ruled by Scorpio and Libra (both in the natural zodiac and in your unique charts) to understand the themes that the cosmos is asking you to review and reset.
In summary the general themes of this particular transit are: - sex, love, how we receive, our relationship with money, our relationship with others, our relationships with ourselves, transformation, our creativity, how we fight and how we make peace/compromise.
Just some light stuff to deal with, ya know!
Eye roll/winking emjois inserted.
But you know what, as you will see when I write the detailed Soulstrology Venus retrograde 2018 blog, this retrograde has soooo much potential and in many ways is choca full of gifts and blessings.
But what to do now?
Well first off, do not panic.
I repeat - do not panic!
But just take note, notice what comes up for you and observe it rather than judging it.
Retrogrades are not punishments.
They are opportunities to reset ourselves.
So whatever comes up during this shadow may well be a prelude to the retrograde but ultimately is bubbling up to help you.
Trust. Trust. Trust.
And listen to a soundbath or two ;)
Speaking of which, all being well I will be recording a very special Soulstrology Soundbath for you lovely souls which will be going live at the Fall Equinox and will help you all navigate this Venus retrograde :)
Here are the Soulstrology do's and don'ts for this Venus in Scorpio transit with the Soulstrology zodiac guide for the transit below that (don't forget to read for both your sun and rising sign).
- Dive deep Venus in Scorpio likes to dive under the surface. Forget superficiality during this transit and scratching the surface. With whatever you do, whether it's love, work etc, go deep.
- Bring sexy back This placement and transit really helps us connect to the sultry seductiveness of Scorpio. Regardless of your relationship status, how can you connect to your inner sex pot? If you are in a relationship this can be a sizzling time for your sex life! Or a time to reignite the spark.
- Reinvent yourself. Scorpio is the sign of transformation and Venus is the sign of beauty. This transit is a great time for a makeover.
- Purchase items of substance This placement encourages us to spend on things which have a deeper meaning to us and are of a soulful as well as material value. Think things which empower you and help you connect more to your higher self (whether that is an item or service).
- Be overly intense I know, I know, this seems to conflict with the first DO above! But here is the thing, during this transit we need to navigate being deep without being overly intense. It's a fine line because the light of Scorpio is depth, but the shadow is over intensity!
- Be jealous/possessive. The notorious shadow of Scorpio is jealousy and possessiveness. Watch out for this and wrecking relationships of all sorts during this time with unnecessary jealousy.
- Be on a power trip. This placement encourages us to be powerful but be mindful of excess and going on a power trip and making enemies along the way.
- End things too suddenly. This placement can encourage us to cut off what we consider to be dead or decaying but be mindful of your consciousness and don't rush into ending something (eg quitting a job or a relationship) check you're not falling into the Scorpio shadow of letting over intensity push you into something you may regret!
Scorpio/Scorpio risings you can enjoy what Soulstrology calls the Venus filter, with the cosmic goddess gracing your sun sign/rising sign, giving you that irresistible glow! Enjoy it!
Whatever your sign, you will be enjoying this transit somewhere in your chart, and therefore life.
Below is the Soulstrology guide for this transit for each sign indicating which areas of life will be experiencing this transit and the Venus filter.
Read for your sun and rising sign and don't forget to check which planets you have in Scorpio.
Try and infuse these life areas with the light of Venus - think love, harmony, creativity, abundance!
SOULSTROLOGY VENUS IN SCORPIO ZODIAC GUIDE
Aries: Joint finances of all sorts, sex, intimacy, transformation and death
Taurus: Partnerships of all kinds, platonic, professional and romantic
Gemini: Daily routine, work and lifestyle. Health - mind, body and soul
Cancer: Love/romance, fun, self-expression, creativity, hobbies, children - yours or others
Leo: Domestic/family life and home - who, what and wear means home to you
Virgo: Your mind, communication, your voice in all formats including related projects, neighbors, siblings, your local community
Libra: Your personal finances and income, your possessions, your values - who and what you value and your self-esteem
Scorpio: Your identity, personal appearance and autonomy, how others view you
Sagittarius: Healing, the hidden, your subconscious mind, work you do in private, secrets
Capricorn: Friendships, groups you belong to and causes you support - your soul tribe. Your hopes, wishes and dreams for the future
Aquarius: Career, ambition, success and status. Ultimately your soul's legacy
Pisces: Spirituality, religion, higher learning, foreign places and people, legal matters, publishing